Thursday, July 16, 2009

Moving on up

Typically I do not really write about my personal life on here but with a drastic change about to take place I felt that it was fitting. Tonight is my last night is the residence I have taken for the past 4 ½ months and I will be moving into my new home on Saturday. It got me thinking on how life has taken my on a bit of a journey. That and I finally watched the season finale of Scrubs and that is just an emotional roller coaster in itself. I know not to many people really get a chance to read my blog but I guess this is tailored to those who do.

As I am parting ways from Pat and Andrea I do want to thank them for taking me in when I had no place to go. I honestly appreciate it you giving me a place stay when things feel apart for me. I know some evenings were if not difficult mildly awkward, but then there were nights like that when I just felt the need to wear shoes and by that shoes being the only garment I was wearing. It was a bit longer then we anticipated but the kid is finally out on his own.

Generally with looking at the present I often dive back into my past. It was only a year ago when I was living with Jen and working my sales rep job when we looked into getting a dog. It was at that time I thought I had my life mapped out and began planning the next couple of years of my life. Obviously those plans never came into fruition, on the bright side that plan did include me never catching a STD and that goal is still alive and kicking. Go team!

Now as I am looking down the road at my future I am still uncertain. I am looking forward to moving in with Aaron and hopefully looking to begin what I hope will be my official career. After one major detour I am finally getting my life back on track. If anything was learned over these past couple of months it was that the people in your life are what matters most. I literally feel bi-polar over my success situation and I am constantly frustrated I am not where I thought I would be at this part of the game. One thing I have realized is that if you have the right friends and family some of that stuff just doesn’t matter as much.

The past couple of months have been difficult in the sense I felt like I had reverted back eight steps from graduation. Whenever I post something I feel that I need to make some sort of point. There really isn’t to much of one here except that most times we plan out our entire lives and things often do not go the way we intended. Often times success is not measured in the money we make or the car we drive but truly the people that are apart of our lives. True friendship is worth its weight in gold ( that means if your husky your worth more… I think). If it weren’t for my parents telling me that I was going to get through this time in my life I probably would have went off the deep end. Most of this was just ranting but I just wanted my friends and family (usually the ones that read my blog) how much I appreciated them. Also, can I borrow like 20 bucks, it’s for a good cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment